APPLY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE STREET MUSICIANS FESTIVAL 2017
Dear friends, dear artists,
It is with great pleasure that we are inviting you to apply to participate in the 17 th Street Musicians Festival, which will take place September 1-3, 2017, in the Lower Town of the Petrovaradin Fortress in Novi Sad.
Since we believe that what makes a town is people, and that together we can transform urban spaces, we are continuing this year with the last year’s initiative for the revitalization of the Lower Town of the Petrovaradin Fortress. In this way, the participation in the Street Musicians Festival obtains a new, noble purpose, the purpose of the revival of the Suburbium (Gradić) as the geographical-cultural cross section of what Novi Sad used to be and what our town could become.
The Street Musicians Festival has been promoting the spirit of street art for 17 years, without imposing limits in the domain of the genre and medium of artistic expression, and without dividing art into elitist and popular. Everyone has the right to enter the contest – individuals, groups or troupes that consider their performance or art as belonging to everyone, to the streets. Like the previous year, this year’s festival will adapt its concept to the Lower Town of the Petrovaradin Fortress; therefore, the stages will be small, and the performers will be on the same level as the members of the audience, which is fitting for the baroque town of the Suburbium.
The Festival welcomes performing artists from all artistic or performing arts fields. According to the artists’ needs, as well as to the festival’s means, this year we are offering a few categories for applying and participating in the Street Musicians Festival:
- Participants with covered costs (the Festival will cover the travel costs and the accommodation costs, and pay the artist’s fee according to the contract). 10 participants will be chosen for this category.
- Participants with partly covered costs (the Festival will cover the accommodation costs).
- Participants with no costs covered (the Festival will provide a place for the artist’s performance).
- Participants chosen via contest have the right to make a profit out of their performance by placing a hat, top down, for the donations and tips from the audience, which is in the spirit of the street art tradition
- A part of the Street Musician Festival program will be booked by the selectors.
Conditions for applying:
- Apart from the application for the contest, It is necessary to submit minimum 2 and maximum 4 photos in HD (minimum 1 MB), as well as a technically satisfying video recording of the performance with which you are entering the contest (from YouTube or similar online platforms).
- Short biography of the participant, group or troupe (maximum 3000 characters).
- Applications that are not filled according to the requirements will not be taken into consideration.
The deadline for submitting the application for the contest is June 1, 2017. The results of the contest will be known on July 1, 2017. All the artists chosen for participation in the Festival will be personally informed that they have been chosen. The results of the contest will be announced on the Street Musician Festival’s site, as well as in the mass media.
We are eagerly expecting your application!